Ne öğreneceğim?

There are three options in special education for advanced study. A Graduate Certificate program will be available to individuals who possess a teaching license and are teaching out of field. The certificate program is a flexible credit program of study that requires a minimum of 18 credits to obtain special education as an add-on to an existing initial or standard license. Candidates will be prepared to deliver non-categorical services to a variety of learners with disabilities. Through supervised practice, candidates will be required to demonstrate competencies required of K-12 special educators. This program does not result in teaching licensure.

Required Courses

  • SPED 7301 - Foundations of Special Education
  • SPED 7305 - Managing the Learning Environment
  • SPED 5312 - Medical Problems in Child Development
  • SPED 7352 - Assessment and Instructional Design II
  • SPED 7395 - Practicum in Special Education
  • SPED 5303 - Assistive Technology
  • SPED 7343 - Disability Law
  • SPED 7351 - Assessment and Instructional Design I
  • SPED 7353 - Transition and Life Adjustment

Hangi bölümdeyim?

College of Education and Health Professions

Öğrenim seçenekleri

Full Time (18 kredi saati)

Okul ücreti
USD $725 per credit hour
Başlangıç tarihi

Planlanan Ocak, Mayıs, Ağustos 2022


College of Education and Health Professions

2801 S University Avenue,



72204, United States

Giriş koşulları

Uluslararası öğrenciler için

To be admitted, students must have one of the following:

  • Admission to the Graduate School (an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.7 or better, or 3.0 in the last 60 baccalaureate hours), without an initial or standard license
  • Admission into an initial licensure program in Early, Middle, or Secondary Education with a minimum of 12 hours and a cumulative GPA of 3.0. Candidates electing this route must sign an acknowledgement form that they were advised that the certificate in special education does not result in licensure in special education.

All international students must provide an official score on either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS).

Seçtiğiniz bölüme bağlı olarak farklı IELTS koşulları olabilir.


İletişime geç